April 04, 2019

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title: Eliza and her Monsters
Author: Francesca Zappia
Release Date: May 30th, 2017
My Rating: 4.5 Stars
Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

I admit that I was going into a Reading slump, I don’t know how I got to 100 pages before it got worse and I stopped reading for a few days but I passed through it and conquered the slump and finished the rest in 2 days.

This was beautiful and cute and great! I loved Eliza and even though I also loved Wallace there was this time when I wanted to punch him. This talks about anxiety and panic attacks and the not wanting to go talk to a therapist because you think everything is fine when it’s not, but you don’t realize that.

It talks about online friends and I have a lot of those, and to be honest, best friendships so far (love my real friends too, don’t get me wrong, but they know everyone in your life while online they don’t, they just know what you tell them). Loved the friendship between Eliza and Max and Emmy (who’s in university with just 14 year’s old, damn).

Eliza’s parents don’t understand the whole internet thing and online stuff and that she makes this big webcomic called Monstrous Sea and it’s fantastic and everyone loved it, they only think it’s a hobby.

It was great to be able to read and see some of the drawings for Monstrous Sea, it was like a story inside a story and it was amazing.

Why 4.5 stars instead of 5? Because the world crashes when something not that big happens (Not talking about the revelation), Wallace should’ve been there for her no matter what, not only thinking about him and consequences and stuff like that, Eliza was having a tough time and I don’t think he should’ve said those things but still, at least he realized the stupidity of his actions and actually showed up later and it was intense when it happens so it deserved the half star.

I say this in every book I love but I recommend it, really, if you loved webcomics about monsters, if you want to learn about anxiety and panic attack or just want to read a book where you can relate to the character then go for it!

2 comments:

  1. I have this book sitting on my TBR shelf, so I’m glad you liked it!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let it be free of your TBR! Read it 😍😉

    ReplyDelete

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...