March 11, 2017

Looking For Alaska By John Green Review


Title: Looking for Alaska

Author: John Green

Release Date: December 28th, 2006

My Rating: 5 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)
This was such a brilliant book for a number of reasons, but the main one is that it had a soul!
A lot of books I read I can’t “enter” the story, they just pass on by without making you dream about it, and then there are books that do make you dream while you read (sometimes I get lost in my reading because of that. Oops).
One minute I'm laughing and the other I’m crying. This book left me with no words. Such a beautiful yet tragic story about love, life, death, and pain. Intelligent, flawless, brilliant main character, friendship, romance, a page-turner. What more could you want from a book?

This is what a call an amazing book. It was nothing less than I expected John Green to write. To watch Miles grow in a psychological way is remarkable, he went from a boy with no friends, to have friends, to feel pain and lost friends again, he found love and then lost it, he had to deal with pain and suffering, he received and lost in such a short period of time. I don’t know if I could do it like him, I’ve lost friends to death, yes, but I never handled the pain like Miles did, he was strong for him and for his friends.

I got so attached to Miles, he’s a genuine character, with flaws, no one is flawless even if you say someone is, Miles is a kid with problems, and in this book, he can influence us in a bad way, but also in a good way… The only thing I didn’t like is that he started smoking just because it was kind of cool, but oh well… teenagers.

I freaking love John Green’s writing, but sometimes I think he likes giving us pain, I cried my eyes out (not literally of course) in The Fault In Our Stars, always adding something that will break you apart, another thing I love about John Green’s books is that he always writes unexpected endings. A friend of mine told me that if he always writes like that, you come to a point where you expect the finish, but … I was NOT expecting this ending, or even middle, in Looking for Alaska.

What I’ve learned in this book is that good things can change into bad thing in a matter of seconds, so just live your life in the present, don’t worry about the future and don’t think about the past, just live your life one day at a time, forgive yourself for the mistakes you made, you’re still young. Just live one day at a time.
Now my main question remains even if he answered it at the end of the book.


How the hell do we get out of the labyrinth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...