April 18, 2018

None of the Above by I.W Gregorio Review


Title: None of the Above

Author: I. W. Gregorio

Release Date: April 7th, 2015

My Rating: 4.5
 Stars


Format: E-book

I couldn’t put it down! At first, I thought it was about a girl who couldn’t relate to being either a boy or a girl, but it’s not, I started reading this book without knowing anything about it, and I’m glad I did. This is the first time I read about intersex characters and there is so much more to learn about this community.

This book shows how ignorant people can be and how they react when they don’t understand. Kristen finds out she is intersex, meaning she looks like a girl on the outside but has the male chromosome, she doesn’t have a uterus, she has testicles inside instead. Her classmates start bullying her because they don’t understand what being intersex means and don’t even look it up, they start saying she’s a man, and because of that, she can’t even go to school.

I got so mad at her ex-boyfriend, she seen her naked, and still calls her a freak and a man and doesn’t want her near him, but then there’s Darren, and I loved him so much, he didn’t care that she was intersex. This isn’t a romance, and I’m glad it wasn’t because we get to know every part of the process of finding out being something different from what you were used to, but still you get a happy ending and I’m glad. Kristen’s dad was amazing, he was there for her, and researched everything, and did as much as a dad could do and more.

My only problem with this book was that Kristen did not stand up for herself, she should have yelled at Sam (her ex) when he broke up with her and called her a freak, or at least slapped him, that would have felt great. She should have taken some control, but at the same time I understand her, even if you want to defend yourself it gets hard at times, people can be mean.

Anyway, I loved this book, and everyone should read it, people should learn more about intersex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...