November 14, 2018

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon | Review


Title: The Sun is Also a Star

Author: Nicola Yoon

Release Date: November 1st,  2016

My Rating: 3.5
 Stars



Format: Physical Book (Paperback)



I think it was a great book, well written and cute story but something just didn’t click with me same way Nicola Yoon’s previous book did. I’m not a fan of instant-romance in a story and even though technically it wasn’t that they still fell in love and kissed and called each other boyfriend/girlfriend in the spare time of *drum roll* 1 day…

Even though I liked seeing what each character was thinking I still felt the change of POV abrupt, you never really get to know in depth.

I enjoyed the ending just because it wasn’t a happy ever after ending, it’s just reality and you just can’t fix everything, if it turned out otherwise I don’t really know what kind of rating I would give. (ok, the ending was kind of happily ever after but you kind of imagine what goes next, my thoughts went the bad way and there’s no happy there).

I felt the situation a bit weird… you know by the premise that she will be deported at the end of the day, what you don’t know is that she tries everything to change that, and it includes going to an immigration and whatever office, and that’s fine that I say that because you still don’t know what happens at the end, but that being said, she talks to this lawyer and they will try and resolve things. Now… Daniel has a Yale interview to become a doctor, and what you don't know and don’t read if you don’t want spoilers is that (HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILER) the interview is with that same guy, the lawyer of immigration services, so why with him, and outside of Yale, why would he be the interviewer, he’s not a doctor, not the kind that cures people, he deals with immigration, so I just felt that part SOOO unrealistic. Yale interview to become a doctor would be at Yale and with someone that especially takes the interviews for that, not an immigration lawyer at a place under construction.

Anyway, still a cute book, a cute story, but a lot of unrealistic things to make me like it like I liked everything, everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...