July 30, 2017

Turning 20!!

This was the year I turned 20! Wth? How have I lived for 2 decades already?
I was born July 2nd, 1997 at 2:15AM (I feel sorry for my mom). Basically my mom's birthday is July 1st, and basically, she ate the cake and went to the hospital because I wanted to be born, so yeah, I feel sorry for her but at the same time I kind of wish it was on the same day as her.

This year we decided to keep it simple, we celebrated as a family on my mom's birthday by going to Lisbon (capital of Portugal), we went shopping, lunch at PizzaHut, dinner at home, we sang happy birthday and we went to bed, next day was even simpler, because my dad had to work we couldn't go to the beach (2 hours drive), so I made plans with some friends and we went to eat at a Chinese food place we have in my city.
That afternoon we just walked around the city, catching up with everything happening in our lives, since I haven't seen them since we went to university, and at 5PM I left them at the bus stop and went home.
After that my birthday was like any normal day (minus the birthday cake and the presents), my dad asked me what I wanted for dinner and we ate something that is like a family's recipe (I don't know the name in English), I miss my grandmother so I decided I wanted that for dinner just so I could have something of her on my birthday. (Tears appeared on my eyes)
After dinner we, or may I say, they, sang happy birthday and as I cut the cake I realized it was a rainbow cake!! I was sooo excited because I wanted that for my last birthday. It was delicious btw. Then I opened my presents, I received a book (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda), an album (Harry Styles) and money.


It was a simple birthday but I couldn't have asked for a better one. Now I feel old. eheh.

Can I stop growing up now?

What do you normally do on your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...