June 29, 2018

Mid-year Book Freak Out | Book Tag | 2018

I came upon this tag on booktube and thought it was very interesting and wanted to do it, so these are my answers.

This tag is about the books you've read through the first half of 2018, the ones you liked, disliked, laughed with, cried, etc.

I love doing tags and haven't done one in a while and thought this would be a fun one to do and also remembering the books I read and what I loved.


Questions:


1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2018.

Oh, complicated question, I've read so many amazing books this year so far that I can't just pick one, so I'm gonna do a top 3 is that ok? I'm sorry.

- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow

2. The best sequel you've read so far in 2018.

I didn't read any sequel yet, ups, I started series and trilogies but no sequel yet.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
Again, so many! But I think I'll choose:

- A Thousand Perfect Notes by CG Drews.


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

And yet again... so many!! And this time I can't go for just one, both of these are coming out the same day and I'm so excited!
- Map of Days by Ransom Riggs

- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

5. Biggest disappointment.

- The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan

I was really expecting to love this... The premise had such character.

6. Biggest surprise.

- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

I'm not a big fan of fantasy but a friend of mine let me borrow this book and I was a little skeptical about reading but turned out to be one of my favorites of 2018!

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)


Becky Albertalli! Loved reading about Simon and just got her second book for my birthday!

8. Newest fictional crush.

Lincoln O'Neill from Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. He's just so cute and actually fell in love before knowing the person's appearance.

9. Newest favorite character.
Lazlo Strange from Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.
10. A book that made you cry.

Cry of happiness!! Heartstopper by Alice Oseman. Even with all the struggles they still try everything to be together.

11. A book that made you happy.

Again, Heartstopper by Alice Oseman. Same reason!!

12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year.

Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.

13. A favorite review you've written this year. (Booktube version: a favorite video you have done so far in this year)


Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. I had so much fun reviewing the book and going back to the story and remember everything.

14. The most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)


The Manifesto on How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne. Not because of the cover exactly (even though I love covers like that one), but the pages are red... yes, RED! (obviously, the pages are white but the out part, when the book is closed, they're red.).

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

2 comments:

  1. This is a great tag and answers! I love books that make me cry of happiness too! Also I'm so happy that you want to read The Sun is Also a Star by the end of the year because it was such an amazing book, I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Everything Everything by the same author and got that one on christmas last year and I'm super excited to pick it up! And books that make me cry of happiness are the best.

      Delete

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...