August 10, 2017

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch Review

Yes, another 5-star book review.
I read this while on vacation, I thought it was the perfect time to read this book.

First of all, I always wanted to go visit Italy, I'm an art student, so you can guess why I want to go there. And then I read this book, and now, I want to go there even more. And eat gelato.
While reading this book I started craving gelato so badly!!


Title: Love & Gelato

Author: Jenna Evans Welch

Release Date: May 3rd, 2016

My Rating: 5 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

This book is about a story of a 17 years old girl called Lina, whose mom is dying from cancer and starts to tell her stories about her dad, that she never met, and after she died she wanted Lina to go to Italy to live with her father. Only she didn't want to go. She didn't want to go live with a father she never even heard of.
Because it's her mom's last wish, she makes an effort and goes off to Italy for the summer, and summer only. So she thought. She meets a boy, Lorenzo, "Ren", and he becomes the best friend.
Her mom sent a diary of her stay in Italy and Lina started reading to find out more about who her mom really was, and she and Ren go on around Italy to live some of the same adventures her mom had lived. It made her feel like she was still with her.
I don't want to give spoilers so basically, she adventures like her mom did, she meets a boy she fells in love with, she loses friends and gets them back again. And she makes the biggest decision of her life. 

Lina is exceptionally likable, after her mom's death she tries to carry on with her life as normal as she can.
Ren is such a lovely, well mannered young man.
. And Ren doesn't treat Lina like a fragile doll.

This story is filled with twists, turns and a lot of surprises. There are many emotional scenes, but also funny moments. It was such a cute book. Full of love and gelato. And I now want to read more of Jenna Evans Welch books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...