August 24, 2017

Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland Review


Title: Our Chemical Hearts

Author: Krystal Sutherland

Release Date: October 4th, 2016

My Rating: 3 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

Wow, a book review that it's not 5 stars!! what?

Fortunately, this book redeemed itself at the end. When I saw this book in the store I fell in love with the cover, and then I read the back and became more interested in reading it. But it kind of let me down. The main character, Henry Page, is very whiny, liked a girl, like love at first sight, even though he thought she was weird with her boy clothes and the appearance of someone who hasn't showered in a long time. I just didn't like him at all.

The same with Grace Town, the mysterious girl that Henry falls in love with, the only time I kind of liked her was towards the ending.

The thing I liked about this story was that normally in books it’s associated death with illness, in this book, it’s associated with an accident, where you’re a survivor but your loved one isn’t. I felt like this is a story needed to be told, but not as it was told, just because it felt off that romance between Henry and Grace. The ending needed to be told like that and it was the part that redeemed itself. It's something that needed to happen. It’s Henry first love and Grace felt like he was trying to fix her, and she said that he was only in love with the girl he saw on facebook. But maybe he can’t fix her, maybe she’s broken forever, or maybe she needs to figure it out on her own.

My main problem was just the characters, mainly Henry, I was so sick of him, seriously, if you read this have patience, you’ll need some.

But anyway, it didn’t completely suck, I liked more the second half of the book than the first half, hence the 3 stars, the ending for me was 5 stars but the whole book didn’t collaborate.


Have you read this one already? What are your thoughts on it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...