September 18, 2017

Girl Online Trilogy by Zoe Sugg Review

 Is this a series or a trilogy? There's only 3 books out but I'm not sure if there's going to be more...

Title: Girl Online

Author: Zoe Sugg

Release Date:  November 25th, 2014

My Rating: 3 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

I received the first 2 books on Christmas 2015 because they knew I liked Zoella, then the 3rd book I received Christmas 2016, but I still haven't read the others. And since I've had them for a while I decided this was the year I would read all 3, and I did, and it was average ...  The whole series rating is 3 stars.
I'm gonna talk about them separately because I have a different rate for each one.


Girl Online 
First of all, 3 stars just because the beginning of the book was quite slow and dull, but I really enjoyed the second part… almost.
Although I think this is more for a younger audience (13-14 years old) I still enjoyed the story. I loved Penny’s relationship with her best friend Elliot, and her family is very supportive of her panic attacks, the first time they found out they weren’t like “that’ll pass”, “that’s all on your mind”, no, instead they said she could count on them if that happened again.
I enjoyed how the internet was expressed in here, showing that at times it can be difficult, about negative people trying to hurt everyone and bullying even though they never met.
About the romance, ugh… I mean… it was ok, but I don’t feel like in real life you would meet someone, and the next day you would be kissing him, and being all like I love you until the end of times. It was cute, but not realistic, and unfortunately, that happens a lot in books and movies like it was that easy.
All in all, it wasn’t a bad book, but also not the best.

Title: Girl Online 2: On Tour

Author: Zoe Sugg

Release Date: October 22nd, 2015

My Rating: 4 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)
Girl Online 2: On Tour

Girl Online 2 was an improvement compared to the first one, in my opinion.
Like the first one, I liked the second half way better than the first, which again, I thought it was kind of slow.
I could relate to Penny about her questions of what would she do with her life, discovering herself, and what would she do after high school.
I hated how Noah treated Penny, like, sure Blake is your friend since forever, but at least give Penny the benefit of doubt no? Don’t accuse her of something she didn’t do. I kind of was expecting something like this to happen, and more towards the ending I finally was surprised with a plot I wasn’t expecting, not giving spoilers.
I thought it was funny and cute, but something annoyed me though. Like Penny and Megan, like… why you keep trusting her? Just don’t girl…


Title: Girl Online 3: Going Solo

Author: Zoe Sugg

Release Date: November 17th, 2016

My Rating: 2,5 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)
 Girl Online 3: Going Solo

Third book… pretty cheesy and very predictable.
Out of the 3 books, this was the one I enjoyed the least… I felt like she wrote this just to get and ending to the trilogy (or series, I’m not sure if she’s planning another one or not).
I thought it was stupid of Noah to just hide and not even telling his grandmother about it, and she didn’t even care about her 18 years old grandson “disappearing” for a “creative pause”… what?!
About the “going solo” part, is that just because she’s trying to find her future? Because I don’t think the title is the most accurate...
Anyways, This one takes place about 1 month after Noah left the tour, and Penny “has” to move on, she meets a boy that, again, likes her instantly and she thinks he’s very gorgeous, like the outside counts more, and I’m saying this because he seems kind of bipolar, and we never found more about him, good photographs, pretty, rich… and in my opinion bipolar, yeah, but nothing more.
Noah reappears and everything is ok again.
Sh*t happens and like in all books I was like “WHY PENNY?!” she just kept trusting Megan…. Why girl whyyy?
Ending very predictable, results of the drama going on very predictable, so yeah, least favorite out of the 3 books.

All in all, still enjoyable, but I'll probably never read it again ... 

Have you read this yet? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...