January 14, 2018

This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp Review


Title: This is Where it Ends

Author: Marieke Nijkamp

Release Date: January 5th, 2016

My Rating: 5
 Stars

Format: E-book
This is a book about a shooting at a school told over a span of 54 minutes from 4 different perspectives.

Initially I wasn’t a fan of the multiple POV’s, I thought it was too much, I thought the author was all over the place and the characters weren’t evolving that much and I was kind of lost in the story, but as I started to know the characters better and all I started liking it and realizing that it was necessary to be told this way in order for us to connect more with these characters.

I don’t know how to review without giving spoilers, but basically there’s a lot of deaths, a lot of crying and fear, some people are angry, and some know their destiny. There’s a lot of diversity in this book, in race, sexuality, and disabilities.

I was really moved by this story, it sends a powerful message and plays with your emotions. I could feel the desperation of the characters, the ones inside the closed auditorium with the shooter inside and the ones outside waiting for news about their friends and family. I cried with this book, I was heartbroken with some stuff.

So basically the only thing I wasn’t a fan of was the way I got lost with the multiple characters and that there was no development with each character. And to be honest, I’m still not sure why that student started the shooting. But apart from that, great book, lots of emotions, lots of suspense and drama and omgs.

This is a powerful book that you should definitely read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...