October 28, 2017

Alphabethon | Round 4! Day 3 & 4.


Challenges: 

Read a book with two D’s. (Title, Author’s first name, or last name begin with D)
 - Dreadnought by April Daniels.

Read a book with a MC (main Character) whose name starts with D. 
 - Dreadnought by April Daniels.

Read a book with a D setting. (Town, City, State, etc. begins with D)
And then there were none by Agatha Christie. It takes place in Devon! (And the book in Portuguese, my language, begins with a “D” (As Dez Figuras Negras))

Read a book that has an object on the front or back Cover that begins with D. (words beginning with D do not count)
 - 

Read a book over 400 pages
 - Now I'm thinking of a graphic novel... 

Read a book under 200 pages.  
 - In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang.

Read a Horror book (since this round is so close to Halloween)

I’m not doing this challenge because I hate horror (any kind), so can I count a Thriller? Because And then there were none by Agatha Christie is a Thriller. (And in Portuguese the title starts with “D”)

Day 3

This day is a busy day so if I manage to read 30 pages I’ll be glad …

8AM – 5 PM – School

5:30 PM – Nothing to be honest… I was tired so I just ate my snack and got dressed to go to the gym.

6 PM – 7PM – Gym.

8 PM – after a shower I decided instead of reading, because I’m very very tired, and my head hurts, I decided to watch the rest of “Supergirl” while I eat my dinner.

9 PM – 11 PM– Lecture on lifestyle and changing habits.

After all that, I was tired and sleepy and my head hurt a little bit still, but I managed to read a little bit before bed so that I could count something for today.

This day has got me near falling onto the ground and falling asleep right away, I pushed myself to keep awake and do everything I needed before bed, and I kind of did that, so I’m good with myself even if I read so little I still found time to read.

Day 3- 40 Pages read, 2 books finished. 2 challenges completed.


Day 4

Today is the day I take my braces off and I just can’t wait.

10 AM – School.
12 PM – Dentist. Braces no more!! It’s weird but I love it.
2 PM – School. Again.
5 PM –Picked up my retainer and off to my bed I go.

I made a snack, I laid in bed and I opened my book. I just want to read to 50% of the book, that’s my goal for the day. Currently reading: Dreadnought by April Daniels.

This is one of those books that I borrowed from a friend and kind of forgot to take a photo before giving it back... ups.

Somewhere in between, I fell asleep, oops. I’m just so tired of waking up at 7AM, going back and forth between home and school, work on school projects and going to the gym that I barely have time to think, This is the first week that I took so long to take a nap because I was so into reading for this readathon. But nothing lasts forever and I shut down and slept for an hour.

When I woke up it was dark outside already so I decided to make my dinner and eat while reading so I could reach my goal for the day. I’m also thinking of reading a graphic novel for the challenge of reading a 400 pages book because let’s be honest, I won’t have time to finish a novel, I’m sleepy all the time and I have to work on my illustration project so I’ll probably go for the graphic novel.

Anyway, I managed to read a little more, participated in some twitter sprints, which are always fun, and… guess what… I read 50% of the book!! Yey!

So it’s midnight and tomorrow I have to wake up early so that’s it for my day. I managed to read quite a lot for the day I had so that’s cool, and no braces anymore so that’s awesome.

Day 4 – 68 pages read, 2 books finished, 2 challenges completed.


Are you participating in this readathon? How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...