October 25, 2017

Alphabethon | Round 4! Day 1 & 2.

I never had heard of this readathon and I heard about it the day it had started, so basically I wanted to participate but with school and work it was going to be hard, it is going to be hard (I'm writing this on the first day). I woke up and heard about it and after a couple of minutes, I thought about participating even if I weren't going to read much.

There are challenges and I'm filling this as the days go by and I'm interested in a book.

The rules of this readathon round 4 are: reading a book that starts with a D, or the author's first or last name starts with a D.


Challenges: 

Read a book with two D’s. (Title, Author’s first name, or last name begin with D)
 - Dreadnought by April Daniels.

Read a book with an MC (main Character) whose name starts with D. 
 - Dreadnought by April Daniels.

Read a book with a D setting. (Town, City, State, etc. begins with D)
- And then there were none by Agatha Christie. It takes place in Devon! (And the book in Portuguese, my language, begins with a “D” (As Dez Figuras Negras))

Read a book that has an object on the front or back Cover that begins with D. (words beginning with D do not count)
 - 

Read a book over 400 pages
 - Thinking about Something in Between by Melissa De La Cruz or Margot and Me by Juno Dawson.

Read a book under 200 pages.  
 - In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang.

Read a Horror book (since this round is so close to Halloween)
I’m not doing this challenge because I hate horror (any kind), so can I count a Thriller? Because And then there were none by Agatha Christie is a Thriller. (And in Portuguese the title starts with “D”)

 Day 1


I woke up, did everything I needed and when I opened twitter I discovered Alphabethon and that’s when I decided to start. 11 AM. Let’s do this!

After reading about the challenges I thought, "Damn, I really wanted to read Agatha Christie's book" so I thought about it and I was thinking of not participating, I don't have a lot of books starting with D. So I started reading and saw it took place in Devon, so... challenge accepted. I started reading it! 

11 A.M. - And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.

12 A.M. - Still reading.

13 A.M - Let’s eat! 

And after this point is where it got messy. I had to go to school, I got home at 5 P.M and decided to read a little bit more before going to the gym.
After the gym, shower, and dinner I read until midnight. And since day 2 I had to be up at 7 AM, I decided to call it a day and went to sleep.

Day 1- 152 Pages read, 0 books finished. 0 challenges completed.


Day 2

8 AM – 3 PM – school. The teacher lets up leave earlier, we were supposed to have class until 5 PM. And I still managed to read 1 chapter through lunchtime though…

Oh, my dear, comfortable bed, I missed you.

At this point, I decided to look for other books that I may want to read during this readathon and attempt to complete some challenges. We already know the horror one is not one to be considered. So I choose some books (still missing the 400 pages challenge) and we’ll see how that goes.

The twitter sprints are so much fun and you’re able to make friends and talk to each other about the books you’re reading. A lot of people have read and loved And then there were none by Agatha Christie and that made me feel more intrigued to read, so I read until 5 PM.

But then my head started hurting, so I made a little break to eat and watch supergirl latest episode, I watched half of it and my headache stopped so I went back to reading, by this time I was 60% done with the book.

Almost 8 PM and I finished And then there were none by Agatha Christie and OMG what? I was not expecting that person to be the murderer! Even though I give it 4 stars (I got confused sometimes and the eBook had a lot of mistakes) I still enjoyed it very much!! (I will write a review).

8 PM – Ok! So two booktubers I like just published a reading vlog, so guess what I’m going to do now? Exactly, eat dinner and watch their vlogs!




9 PM - Off to start my next book and complete my next challenge! I started reading In Real Life, a graphic novel by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang.



10 PM – Finished In Real Life completing the challenge “read a book under 200 pages”. I liked it, I gave it 4 stars.

So what to read next? The 400 pages challenge? It’s going to take some time, so I decided to go with Dreadnought by April Daniels in order to complete 2 challenges:
Read a book with two D’s. (Title, Author’s first name, or last name begin with D)
Read a book with an MC (main Character) whose name starts with D. 

Day 2 - 323 pages. 2 books finished. 2 challenges completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...