October 31, 2017

Alphabethon | Round 4! Day 5, 6 & 7.


Challenges: 

Read a book with two D’s. (Title, Author’s first name, or last name begin with D)
- Dreadnought by April Daniels.

Read a book with an MC (main Character) whose name starts with D. 
- Dreadnought April Daniels.

Read a book with a D setting. (Town, City, State, etc. begins with D)
- And then there were none by Agatha Christie. It takes place in Devon! (And the book in Portuguese, my language, begins with a “D” (As Dez Figuras Negras))

Read a book that has an object on the front or back Cover that begins with D. (words beginning with D do not count)
- Giant Days – volume 5 by John Allison

Read a book over 400 pages
- 5 volumes of Giant Days count? I’m counting them.

Read a book under 200 pages.  
- In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang.

Read a Horror book (since this round is so close to Halloween)

-I’m not doing this challenge because I hate horror (any kind), so can I count a Thriller? Because And then there were none by Agatha Christie is a Thriller. (And in Portuguese the title starts with “D”)
Day 5

I normally manage to write along the day but today I just forgot so let's see if I remember what I did today.

I woke up at 8 AM and went to the gym at 9AM-10AM. I got home, showered and ate something and read about 3 pages of my current read before I fell asleep. Oops.

I only woke up at lunchtime, when my parents woke me up, all afternoon I did basically nothing, didn’t read or write or anything, just listened to music and slept a little more.

5PM – Finally getting some reading done, I participated in some twitter sprints, which I’m grateful for because without those I don’t think I would read, this book isn’t capturing my attention.

I read until 7 PM and then I just took a little break, do other things and all, eat dinner and plan something happening in November (Portugal Fit).

9PM – Back to reading!! Finally, my book is getting somewhere, I read until 1 AM and decided to stop because I’m getting sleepy again and I’m writing this right now, eheh. I’m only left with 9% of the book so I’ll finish it tomorrow! yey.

Day 5 – 115 pages read, 2 books finished, 2 challenges completed.

Day 6

Woke up at 12 PM … yep, I was that tired.

I read about 3 pages of Dreadnought before being called to lunch. After that, I rolled back into the bed and finished my book. I loved the ending, but the first half of the book was duller so I gave it 3,5 stars out of 5.

I still want to read the second book though. I then started reading Giant Days, a graphic novel by John Allison. I read about 2 issues and I took a little break, listened to music and thought of cleaning my room even though I didn’t, oops.

5PM – Finished the first volume of Giant Days, I loved it!! 5 stars. (If it counts I want to put this on my 400 pages challenge since I’m planning to read more volumes of this and it’s the same graphic novel so that counts right? I hope so, if not, oh well).

So another break, watch every series I have to catch up on because this readathon left 0 times for them. And maybe catch up on some youtube as well, even though the ones I’m really addicted I watch the second they post a new video (zoella, readbyzoe, haileyinbookland, etc).

8PM – Dinner time!

9PM – Let's read the second volume of Giant Days!

10PM – ANOTHER 5 STAR RATING FOR GIANT DAYS! I just love how every issue is like a short story, you know, like in “the big bang theory” they have a new thing to talk about in each episode.

I then had to go scan some illustrations to send to the teacher to see if they were ok and to move on to the next phase. By 11PM I’m thinking of reading the third volume of Giant Days… we’ll see.

Using retainer sucks, I have to take it off every time I have to eat and when I have it on I can’t talk straight, ugh.

11PM – Just listening to music…

Ok, I feel like I’m not going to read much more before bed so why not wrapping up everything now? Counting the volumes separately but hopefully together for the challenge.

Day 6 – 278 pages read. 5 books finished (2 novels, 3 graphic novels), 4 challenges completed.

Day 7

Woke up at 11AM that turned out to be 10 AM because of the hour change, and I decided to read the volume 3 Of Giant Days because I’m loving it and I want to read 5 volumes before the end of the readathon.

I finished reading it, another 5 star, watched an episode in a series and went to eat my lunch. After that, I just worked on school projects and works and whatever I had to do, and I’m hungry again.

5PM – Went to get a snack and it’s time for volume 4 of Giant Days!

And I fell asleep for an hour and a half… I read 2 issues of the graphic novel before that happened, it’s not because its boring, it isn’t, I’ve just been super tired lately.

I woke up in time for dinner so let’s eat, I ate while watching “superstore” latest episode.
Then back to reading, just to finish this volume before getting a little more work done.

9PM – School work. I also finished volume 4 of Giant Days and amazing. 5 stars again, I’m just in love with this graphic novel.

10PM – More reading! Volume 5 here I come! I'm using this volume to complete the challenge "Read a book that has an object on the front or back Cover that begins with D. " (it has a dagger).

Finished! Another 5-star rating! I’m excited to keep reading this graphic novel, I need more! Now I’m just going to work on more of my school projects and then off to bed I go.

This was a fun readathon, it’s the first week-long readathon I’ve ever participated and now I can’t wait for more! Maybe not on school days because it’s hard but when on vacation I’ll participate if there’s any.

So… Day 7 wrap up and then I’ll do an Alphabethon Wrap up in another post!

Day 7 – 336 pages read, 8 books read (2 novels, 6 graphic novels), 6 challenges completed.

I'm now planning to do a wrap up for the whole readathon, it'll probably be up at the end of the week.

Did you participate in this readathon? How did you do? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...