November 01, 2017

Alphabethon | Round 4! Wrap Up.


For the challenges, I completed these ones, I'm only counting 6 because of the last one, but still, 6 challenges is an amazing accomplishment!

Challenges: 

Read a book with two D’s. (Title, Author’s first name, or last name begin with D)
Dreadnought by April Daniels.

Read a book with an MC (main Character) whose name starts with D. 
Dreadnought April Daniels.

Read a book with a D setting. (Town, City, State, etc. begins with D)
And then there were none by Agatha Christie. It takes place in Devon! (And the book in Portuguese, my language, begins with a “D” (As Dez Figuras Negras))

Read a book that has an object on the front or back Cover that begins with D. (words beginning with D do not count)
Giant Days – volume 5 by John Allison

Read a book over 400 pages
- 5 volumes of Giant Days count? I’m counting them.

Read a book under 200 pages.  
In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang.

Read a Horror book (since this round is so close to Halloween)

-I’m not doing this challenge because I hate horror (any kind), so can I count a Thriller? Because And then there were none by Agatha Christie is a Thriller. (And in Portuguese the title starts with “D”)

Now to the books I've read!

So I started the alphabethon by reading And then there were none by Agatha Christie, I really wanted to read this one that week and then I found out about the readathon and I wanted to participate but still read this and so I decided to complete the challenge "where it takes place starts with a D", this one starts in Devon so I was really pleased to have found a way to squeeze it in this readathon.



I really enjoyed the book, I haven't read this one before even though I heard about it a million time when series make an episode that it's kind of like this.

I don’t even know how to review it without spoilers and I was thinking of doing a separate review for this one, but for 3 phrases? Nah.

So basically this is about 10 strangers that were invited to a party on an island, every one of them had committed some kind of crime that the law couldn’t touch, so someone decided to punish them, to give his/her last hurrah before dying too. This is a mystery, and oh, such mystery, I was addicted to turning the page every time, just keep reading, but sometimes I wasn’t into it and took little breaks.

A fantastic read, great for Halloween in my opinion, I really recommend it!
I gave this 4 out of 5 stars!


In Real Life by Cory Doctorow
Then I read a graphic novel just to clear my head and I really enjoyed it! The ending could be different but still, all in all, a great read! I loved the art, I loved that this was about girl gamers, not that I’m one but it’s hard to find girl gamers, and the story was really good, but not good enough for 5 stars.
I also gave this one 4 out of 5 stars!


Dreadnought by April Daniels
If it weren’t for this readathon I really don’t know when I would pick this up, I’m not a fan of superhero books but this one caught my attention because of transgender superhero! Not every day you see this.
At first, I thought it was a quick read but oh boy, it is not! I took the majority of this readathon to read this book! It was enjoyable, I think in real life if you tell your parents you are a girl inside, and that that boy body isn’t making you happy, your parents won’t be thrilled at first, or at all like this case of Danielle. She became a girl because she acquired these superpowers, so it was the best day of her life and she wanted to prove to everyone that she was capable of handling those superpowers.
The ending was the best part, finally some action. The whole story was important but, yeah, I get it, her parents aren’t happy, don’t drag that along without making any progress.
I still want to read the second book, let’s see how that goes.
I gave this one a 3,5 out of 5 stars!


And finally, I read only graphic novels until the end, more specifically, I read 5 volumes of Giant Days by John Allison, I loved every single one!! Each issue tells a new story, a new adventure for Susan, Esther, and Daisy, and I just loved it! It’s funny and Daisy is so relatable to me! Thanks to a friend I got to read these and now I'm excitedly waiting for her to buy the rest so I can borrow again!
I gave 5 out of 5 stars to all the volumes!

And that was it… I participated in my first-week long readathon, my next one better be on my school break because juggling university with a readathon takes a lot of work! I’m really glad I did this and I can’t wait for the next one!


Alphabethon Wrap Up - 1,312 pages read! 8 books finished (2 novels and 6 graphic novels), 6 challenges completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...