November 07, 2017

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews Review!


Title: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Author: Jesse Andrews

Release Date: March 1st, 2012

My Rating: 
5
 Stars

Format: E-book
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl were not what I was expecting at all! To be honest I just wanted to read it before watching the movie and I’m so glad I did!

I began reading this without knowing much about it, all I knew was that it was about a girl who had cancer and was dying. And that’s it. I knew nothing more about it, I didn’t even know that it had humor and that, I laughed so much like I never did with a book! I just freaking loved it.

Greg is this weird kid that doesn’t know how to be “normal” (but who does, right?), and he hasn’t spoken with Rachel in years until his mother makes him talk to her again because she has leukaemia, he makes films and someone had the idea of making him do one for Rachel before she died. He did. It sucked. But the process was so funny to read about!

So… Starting over. Greg is 17 years old, he is socially awkward and his only friend is Earl, which is more his co-worker on the films like he explained millions of times, but anyways, he just doesn’t like making enemies so he tried getting along with everyone in his school while still remaining invisible. Earl, I thought he was just weird and I wasn’t enjoying his character until I saw how he was with Rachel and then it was an OK character, he was just pissed all the time. Rachel is the dying girl, she has leukemia-like I said before, and she’s a really great listener apparently. And the cat… the cat is called Cat Stevens! Ok…

I can’t say much about this book without spoiling everything because I just loved the entire thing! So I think you should read this, I’m going to watch the movie now. 


Have you read this yet? what were your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...