October 08, 2017

Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Trilogy by Ransom Riggs Review

I was a little skeptical before reading this because I’m not a fan of horror, but technically it’s not horror like my mom said to me about 50 times…


Title: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Author: Ransom Riggs

Release Date: June 7th, 2011

My Rating: 5 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

Miss Peregrine home for peculiar children has vintage photos throughout the book to help illustrate it, and they made such an impact to the story. I’m one of those people that if they explain very carefully a detail and it sounds weird, I would picture it in my head and think “that’s not right” and try and make it right, but in this book even if it sounded like the poses were weird that’s because they were, but we have pictures to prove it.

I loved the characters in this book, they were all weird (sorry Miss Peregrine, peculiar), and at first I was like, I don’t like him, I don’t like her, but at the end of the book, I loved them all!!  There’s an invisible boy, a girl that makes fire with her hands, a boy with bees that live inside of him, and all of that kind of peculiarity.

The main character was so realistic, in this kind of book if they asked if they saw something weird they would probably say they forgot or they just don’t want to tell, but Jacob was like “yeah, actually this thing happened…” and “I saw this man…”, and I just really loved him. (Also, he and Emma… OTP).

And the enemies, so different from everything ever, they have tentacles in their mouth, and they’re invisible to everyone, except to those who have that certain peculiarity that allows them to see monsters. Oh, and pupil-less eyes men, who were a more “advanced” way of the ones before (the tentacles).

So basically, A-MA-ZING. This is one that I’ll be re-reading soon, and I recommend it if you haven’t read it yet.

Title: Hollow City

Author: Ransom Riggs

Release Date: January 14th, 2014

My Rating: 5 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

That ending though… not what I was expecting…

I will say this was even better than the first one.

You’re able to discover more about each peculiar in this book, about their past and their insecurities as they try to save their Ymbryne from staying in a bird form forever.

Jacob struggles with his newfound peculiarity, with the help of Emma (still OTP) and the others, he finds out more about it and how he can control it. It was a page turner at each and every chapter, I couldn’t get tired of this book even if I tried… so good!!

Oh, and I kind of dream I had Jacob’s Peculiarity, and it was a weird dream … I feel like I loved this character so much that I even dream about them … oh well…

Title: The Library of Souls

Author: Ransom Riggs

Release Date: September 22nd, 2015

My Rating: 5 Stars

Format: Physical Book (Paperback)
The end…. Oh no.

I wish I could have more of these characters, they are so unique and they’ll always have a special place in my heart, I honestly miss them already!! The entire story, from the first book, was so addictive and I just couldn’t put it down, I even made myself take long pauses so that I wouldn’t finish, and now it’s over and arghh!! So much love for this trilogy!

These books were full of adventure, discover and quite fun. It mixed up all the things I thought I didn’t like that much, suspense, horror, history, and made me LOVE it, I could talk about this for days (I actually want my cousin to read it so we can discuss this (I know you’re reading this, so read the book!)).
I fell in love with these photographs, so unique and amazing, and such a great addiction to this book.
I actually kind of started loving the hollows, mainly when Jacob could get into their minds, they were not as bad. The part with the bears (kind of) was so cute!

All the characters were amazing and even thought this centres more on the journey with only Jacob and Emma it makes you fall for them (OTP forever!), Emma is intense and she knows what she wants, even if she’s sad she doesn’t let it get to her. I could actually talk about this forever but I’ll leave it at that…

Amazing book, amazing trilogy, I highly recommend it, you won’t regret it.
Oh, and the ending… thank you, Riggs!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...