October 10, 2018

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella | Review


Title: Finding Audrey

Author: Sophie Kinsella

Release Date: June 9th, 2015

My Rating: 4.5
 Stars


Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

Lately, it’s very often that you find a book that talks about depression and anxiety and more mental health issues that are happening in real life, but it’s not that often that you find one that is actually accurate to those problems.


Finding Audrey is a true representation of those problems, how people react to them and how the person feels during those times. Audrey was authentic, I loved her, and her family was also really great, they supported her daughter and didn’t feel like they were just there because there has to be a family in the story. 


I never went to a therapist and to be honest I don’t know what is like being in one of those offices and all so I can’t really talk about the true representation on that. 

There were also characters that didn’t understand what was going on with Audrey, but that happens in real life too, wither people think you’re crazy or you have to be like porcelain and dealt with real care and you could break any time or that they think you chose to have depression and you should just “snap out of it”. 

Then there’s Linus, sweet and understanding Linus, he was the boyfriend, who made her try what the Doctor told her to do, who made her stop being so scared to be outside, who was supportive and I loved him. There’s not a lot of romance material in this, Kinsella actually handled this as a friendship, not as your my boyfriend so I’m gonna lick your face every time I’m with you. Which was good for a change.

I liked how they didn’t focus on her illness, they also showed her family and their problems (her brother was a gamer and her mom hated that and a lot of problems came from that), I loved the message of the graph, where you never just go up, life has his ups and downs, even if you don’t have any mental illness, your life will always have it’s downs, it’s a rollercoaster. 

I loved the writing, it was a very fast read and funny and also sad sometimes and you felt for Audrey a lot of the times and her struggles.

I wish we would actually find out what happened in school and why she moved schools and got that massive depression and why 3 girls were expelled, I really wanted to know! 

Loved it! Recommend it! Go read now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...