October 03, 2018

The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting by Holly Bourne | Review


Title: The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting

Author: Holly Bourne

Release Date: August 1st, 2014

My Rating: 3
 Stars


Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

I don’t know how I feel about this book… It’s basically a girl that is an outcast in high school and wants to know what it’s like to be interesting so her books are better and she actually has something interesting to write. But this was kind of disappointing in terms of how she decided to be interesting, she changed radically who she was, and it didn’t feel very real. 


Some parts were very cringy (the sex scenes(, I still don’t know what went on her mind when she decided to lose her virginity for her writing, I started disliking her at that part… 

With her drastic change, she completely lost her best friend, she had a weird romance, she stabbed her new friends in the back when she slept with the friend’s boyfriend, she finally had a relationship with her mother that I always thought it was weird because it only came because she was finally trying.

More at the end, something interesting happened (wow) and I really just wanted to keep reading and find out what happened afterward.

I loved Pretty Little Liars and my favorite couple was actually the “teacher-student” one, but in here it was just weird, he was married!!! C’mon!! 

Anyway… It was still an interesting book to read, unfortunately, it wasn’t what I was expecting, but still enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...