October 01, 2018

How I Choose my Books | Book Tag

1. Find a book on your shelves or e-reader with a blue cover. What made you want to pick up this book?

The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. I picked it because it has blue on the cover... probably also because I really want to read it.


2. Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy, but did. Why did you read it in the first place?

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. I read it mostly because I wanted to learn a bit more about the WWII and what better way than to read from a 14 years old girl that was actually in hiding during those awful moments?

3. Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick up a book at random. How did you discover this book?


Looking for Alaska by John Green - I read a few books by this author at the time and I decided to start to buy them all, I also heard great things about this one, so my parents gave it to me on Christmas 2016!

4. Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
And Again Anne Frank, a friend of mine recommended because I said I wanted to learn a bit more about the war, I loved it, it was raw and innocent and I'm really sad that she didn't survive the war.

5. Pick a book that you discovered through YouTube/book blogs. Did it live up to the hype?

Most of the books I read were because of booktube, but I have to say that the one that comes to my mind, the most recent one, is Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, I was hearing such good things about it that I just wanted to read it, and I finally read it (borrowed from a friend) and I loved it! It totally lived up to the hype and I want the second book right now!

6. Find a book on your shelves or e-reader with a one-word title. What drew you to this book?

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I literally just thought about this one without having to look at my shelves, it was such a good book that it's just stuck in my head now.

7. What book did you discover through a film / TV adaptation?

 - Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews.
 - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (no, I didn't know it was a book before the movie)
 - Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (I watched the series since it came out and only on season 4 I found out there was a book series) 

8. Think of your all-time favorite book/s. When did you read these and why did you pick them up in the first place?

- Divergent by Veronica Roth - I heard the movie was coming out and wanted to read first and then I bought every book and fell in love with the characters, I probably re-read about 3 times each book.

- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - My mom read it and loved it and re-read it and I was scared of picking it up because of the photos (I'm a scaredy cat), but it was so good!! Definitely re-reading before the fourth book comes out (in Portuguese).

And many more but these are the ones that right now come to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...