September 19, 2018

Jonathan Unleashed by Meg Rosoff | Review


Title: Jonathan Unleashed

Author: Meg Rosoff

Release Date: July 5th, 2016

My Rating: 2
 Stars


Format: E-book

I was hoping I would enjoy this a bit more than I did... I liked mostly the parts where the dogs showed up, they were so cute and helpful and I just wanted to pet them! 

The main character, Jonathan, was one that I disliked so much, he was so whiny and annoying and stupid, yes, stupid. I'm going to try and explain without spoiling, there was this part where a big decision came and I can't support his decision, he was doing that because he thought it was what he was supposed to do, and I'm not saying you should never do that, but the one choice he should think about and actually give it a thought if it's the best thing or not, he didn't, he just thought it had to happen one day. No. 

Another thing that annoyed me and I was really confused was that he had a girlfriend, no, a fiancee, and he started having these dreams about the dog's veterinarian and started imagining a life, married and with kids, with the coffee shop lady. But he never had those thoughts about his girlfriend, in fact, I think most times he forgot about her existence. 

He called their wedding a funeral! A FUNERAL! He actually said it out loud in front of her and then denied he did... 3 times! 

The ending was also really stupid, it's literally the "they live happily ever after with their dogs and their house and have kids and travel and sh*t like that", literally, the author wrote, "they live happily ever after"... No, I want to imagine they marry, have a messy divorce, the dogs unfortunately eventually pass away. Normally I don't imagine that, but if the author says at the end that they were happy until they die, I'm sorry but my brain wants to imagine what I want and not what they write after the end.

Anyway... The book was not my taste and the only enjoyable parts were with the dogs so... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...