July 08, 2018

Alphabethon Summer Round | Week 1

So the day has come and Alphabethon started! And what did I decide to do? a weekly "wrap-up" or progress or whatever you feel like calling it because, to be honest, I have no idea what I'll call this thing I'll be doing for the next 4 weeks.

Day 1

Today is my mom's birthday so I don't have as much time as I wish I had to read but I'll still make the most of it, I want to see if I read 100 pages per day minimum. And following the rules like a good girl I am I picked up my A read. Anexos by Rainbow Rowell (Attachments) in Portuguese. 


Went out to buy my mom's present (yes, super late but she loved it, it's a book) and cake!

So... I really don't know how to update you guys...like... do I do it hourly? every time I read? When I reach 100 pages? arghh I don't know! I'll update you now on the pages. I read 51 pages so far, I'll probably update you again tomorrow because I read most pages at night before bed. So far the book has an interesting concept.

Also, the weather is super weird lately, normally by July in Portugal we are already melting, but it's 20 degrees outside and raining...

Day 2

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! WHOOOOOO! I'M 21 NOW! (I can legally drink in America now even though I can already legally drink in Portugal since I turned 18). Such a day planned for today, not really, but still, I'm going out with some friends later today to celebrate and don't know when I can read, if I'm too tired or not, so we'll see.

Yesterday I ended up reading 138 pages, I'm now really enjoying this book, really cool and all, it's a different concept, a guy is hired to read the company e-mails to see if they're not saying bad things or whatever and he reads the e-mails of these girls Beth and Jennifer that talk about everything possible, really funny, can't wait till the end, I think they're going to end up together because that's the obvious thing in here. 

I'm going to read during this afternoon as much as I can, by the way, I received The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli and One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus as my gift from my parents, so thank you, mom and dad!! I also discovered that Eliza and Her monsters came out in Portuguese today and I'm so excited and I want it so badly! 

They surprised me at the gym with a spinach cake, it was delicious, having 30 people singing happy birthday is intimidating, I don't know how I did it when I was 5.
Day 3

After going out with some friends and celebrating my 21st birthday I came back home and was too tired to read before bed so I just ended my day there and went to sleep, but hopefully today I can finish the book.

Yesterday I ended up getting to page 214, I didn't read 100 pages minimum, sad about it, but I wanted to celebrate without worries and wanted to have fun so it's fine. Today I have nothing planned, all family birthdays are gone for the month, it was just me and my mom so let's just read today and get the most of it! I also have a dentist appointment, so after that, I'll hit the books.

I've been reading non-stop for the past 3 hours and finished the book and oh my god, I really enjoyed this, and the ending was so cute and fluffy and just perfect, I'm going to write a review now, don't know when it'll be up on the blog because I still have tons of reviews to post since I have had a few months without posting because of school and Erasmus+ but I'm back now and posting them! (Day 7 here editing, I didn't write a review, sorry).
Time to start my B read, this one is a 600-page graphic novel, Blankets by Craig Thomson, I'm hopeful that I finish today and start my C book, so let's see, I'll come back with details, and in case you're curious, it's 5:30 PM now. 


So... I finished! first time reading a 600-page graphic novel, most of them have 200 pages or less.

Oh my, that graphic novel made me have feelings! It was so deep and had such important subjects and I loved it! The illustrations were also really amazing, I'm an art student and seeing graphic novels like this one being black and white and still making me love it so deeply is fantastic, mostly because I don't really like black and white graphic novels, but this one, yes, please! I'm going to write a review, that's for sure.

And I think I can still read some C book pages, so let's get into Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. And don't worry, I've been doing food breaks and bathroom breaks. 

Day 4

Forgot to update you yesterday, but I read 47 pages of Rainbow Rowell before falling asleep, not because the book was boring, not at all, I was just really tired and already had a good day of reading. Today is going to be another one of those days hopefully, I have nothing planned, I won't have my computer for most of the day because it's getting fixed so I can read without distractions.


Read, lunch, read, break, read. That was my day, I ended up getting to page 217, I feel like I'm slower with this book because the chapters don't really end and a new one starts in the next page and you have a full white page there doing nothing, this one is different, it keeps going, so you really have to read the entire page and don't have excuses to flip pages like crazy, which is good, but like I said it's different and I feel like I'm slow.

Anyway, I'm really loving this book, its filled with magic and dragons and vampires and love, I'm not a fan of magic books, such as I haven't read Harry Potter, don't hate me, I'm just not a fan, but I'm really enjoying this, there are some parts that I dislike so I don't think this will be a 5-star read but it's still an amazing book, can't wait to read more and more.

My computer is back... Still not fixed.

Day 5

Didn't read before bed yesterday because I was tired and today I'm starting with the gym, forgot to talk about that part of my day the last 4 days, I usually go in the evening but today I decided to go in the morning to Body Combat, got back home, took a shower, had lunch and started reading, because I'm completely hooked on this fantastic book.

I've also been participating in the twitter sprints, they're so good to achieve your goal and so fun to participate in.

My main problem is that I get distracted very easily when there's a new series episode or a youtuber/booktuber posts a new video, hence why I basically don't read 200 or more pages a day, because I'm distracted, and hence why I read mostly at night, no more videos, no more series or movies, the pc is turned down so there's that.  

Today I made it to page 322, I still managed to read 100 pages so I'm glad, and I'm not too worried about not reading 28 books because normally if I read 5 I'm already super happy, and this readathon includes graphic novels so some letters are easy and fast.

Day 6

Woke up early again to get some gym done, shower and slept until lunchtime, lunch, and got distracted by the internet again. yey.

After a few hours of nothing read I decided to pick up the book and read more, and that some more made me finish the book and it was amazing!! I gave it 4.5 stars, I couldn't give it 5 because I felt the beginning to be quite boring and slow and felt the romance a little rushed, but you'll hear all about it in my review, which will come out one day this summer, just don't know when. sorry.

The D book is a graphic novel about Anne Frank's Diary in Portuguese (O Diario de Anne Frank), I read the full description diary at the end of June and I can't wait to pick this one up now and see how they illustrated a topic like this one.


So a few hours have passed and oh my, I really enjoyed this graphic novel, it was so well illustrated and they actually kept faithful to the original diary, such as they even left entire entries of the diary. I loved it! 5 Stars!! 

I started my E book, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, so far I'm enjoying it, but not much as happened yet.

Day 7 

So I didn't end up reading a lot of Eleanor & Park, today is Saturday so I don't have gym or any distractions, so hopefully, I manage to reach half of the book.

The weather is finally hotter again, finally summer, so I decided to take the book outside, swam a little while in the pool and then try to get a tan while reading, I don't tan easily, either I'm white or red.


Ended up getting to page 138, I'm enjoying it so far, I feel sorry for Eleanor, I love Park for being there for her, or at least trying because she kind of doesn't let him, but still a cute read!

I took a shower to take off all that chlorine off of me, ate dinner and decided to just watch series for the rest of the day until bedtime!



Hope you enjoyed reading about this first week of Alphabethon, I've been having so much fun with the twitter sprints and have been reading a lot since the readathon started. Are you participating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...