July 29, 2018

Alphabethon Summer Round | Week 4



Day 22


I'm still reading The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting, yesterday I took it to the beach and it wasn't the best idea so this time that ain't gonna happened.


In the morning we (me and my fam) went shopping! I got some snickers for the gym, I was in need of one, I also need leggins but the ones I tried were too tight or looked funny or were just plain ugly on me so yeah, still on the lookout for those. I went to Primark because what's my life without Primark? Nada.




After lunch I read for about an hour before leaving for the beach, it was very windy and the water was freezing at the beginning, after a while it was fine but the beginning, cold! I got some vitamin D, I swam and tanned and miraculously I didn't get red like a shrimp, as usual.

After getting back home and taking a shower I read while eating dinner and then we went for a nice walk at night and ate some delicious Ice cream!

Day 23

I'm still reading my M book! I think I'll finish it today! Let's hope so. The day was basically like yesterday, woke up, breakfast, went shopping, this time I bought the leggings I needed! yey, they're cute and have a stripe down the side and are very comfortable.



After lunch read more, it's getting interesting finally, and then we went to the beach, I decided to go take a walk with my dad and my brother and got some seashells that I collect, I caught around five I think. Got some more vitamin D, I also heard the salt water helps with drying the blemishes so let's hope so cause I have one on my cheek that really hurts.


After the shower I read again while eating dinner, I'm so almost done. Went for a walk again, ice cream again and then when I got back home I stuck to the book and read!

Day 24

I finished it!! Wow. There's literally no change in my days so I don't really know how to write this without sounding like my boring self, but it was the same thing again.

Started my N book, Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, read it in the morning before leaving to go shopping, my brother needs a new phone, and it was very interesting, at the beginning I wasn't really feeling the story but then it got some action and it was great and I couldn't put it down, so I finished it that morning and it was great, I gave it 4.5 stars.

After lunch, I started my O book, Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (it starts with O in Portuguese: "Onde Estás, Audrey?"). 


And again, went to the beach in the afternoon, took the book but didn't read much because of the wind and the sand, which is annoying because I love reading at the beach with the sound of the waves, so I went to look for seashells. 

Got home, took a shower and read while I ate dinner, at this point, I got halfway through the book, it's such a fast read. 

Went out for a walk at night, took some photos, saw the view, it was a bit cold at night, while everyone else in the world is dealing with a heat wave, here we are, colder than usual, normally in summer we have almost 40ºC weather but this time we don't even get to 30ºC.


Day 25

Today my other brother comes and the one that it's here goes (we can't leave the dog alone at home, and she hates car drives and gets sick so... yeah), so that morning we went to meet up with him, got some stuff packed that we didn't need anymore so he could take it back, got lunch at Pizza Hut and then he left to go home. 


After lunch I read more, last night I read a lot too, I forgot to mention that, so I'm almost done at this point with it. Beach, walk for seashells, no reading at all, blah blah blah, the same. Got back home, took a shower and finished my O book, I really enjoyed this, I can't wait to review it! It was so good, with the social anxiety and how to deal with it and agh, loved it.

Started my P read, Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (O Princepizinho in Portuguese), it was a fast read, I read it while eating dinner, ultimately I felt like it was about suicide, I don't know if I'm the only one but yeah, I felt it a bit weird and didn't really like it, but also didn't hate it, maybe if I had read this when I was a kid I would think differently (I read it but I don't remember).


At night we went to the docks to meet up with my cousins and uncle and aunt, there was a book fair happening so you know what happened right? Me, my mom and my cousin got "lost" in there, everyone wanted to leave but we just continued scrolling through the books, I managed to control myself and only buy one book (I'll show you in my Summer Haul ok? Don't be mad at me, sorry), went back home and started my Q book, A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard. 

Day 26

I didn't read much last night, about 30 pages, but it was enough to make me start liking this book, I hope the rest doesn't disappoint me. 

And again, like every other day, in the morning we went shopping, the other brother hadn't seen anything yet. I managed to buy some stuff that was cheaper than usual because there were sales happening, which is amazing and after lunch I read some more, this one is not as fast paced as the other one because I keep imagining the sign language in my head (it's about a girl with selective mutism and a boy that is deaf).


Went to the beach, got back home, took a shower, ate dinner, read some more and then went out to the docks again because I didn't bring my camera yesterday and it's amazing for photos.


At night I read a bit, but I was tired so I fell asleep quite fast.

Day 27

At this point, I'm halfway through the book, and I'm really enjoying it. This was like the other days, do I really need to explain what we did? I don't think so... 






After going shopping, lunch, reading, beach, shower, and dinner we went out to another part of this city and there was a red moon happening, so we looked at the sky but saw nothing, so we were disappointed that there was no moon and we wouldn't see the red moon or blood moon or whatever you call it. But then I looked really closely and there it was, already completely red, in a dark sky, so we could barely see it, but it was there. The camera didn't really catch it because there was no point where it could focus (I don't have the best camera). 

After going back home and the moon being back to white I read until I finished the book and I really really liked it! It was funny and cute and made me want to learn sign language (I know the basics that are universal). 

We also started packing today, but I was tired so I basically just left everything that was mine the same. I also realized I got so many seashells to add to my collection! 


Day 28

Today we leave this place and this city, so we woke up at 9AM, we had to leave until 12PM, so I packed all my clothes and books and shoes and whatever we needed, put everything in the car and tidied up the house before leaving (broomed and put the sofas back to their place).

Went to eat at the shopping, saw some shops just to see if there was any last minute item that we liked and then we went back home. 2 Hours drive later we get home (that I didn't manage to read because I get car sick if I read, so I slept).

One thing I don't like after coming back home is unpacking, it's so annoying! The good thing it... drum roll... I had money on the card for Wook, which is where I order books online and I got Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia and I'm so so so excited! It should be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I started my R book, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (O Rapaz do Pijama às Riscas in Portuguese), didn't read much because I had to finish writing my week 3 of  alphabethon and start writing about this week, take some photos and pass them to the computer, watched youtube videos that I was behind on, watched some tv series that I was also behind on, so I didn't read much.


Hopefully I will read today and tomorrow so that Monday I managed to start my T book, which is for Booktube-a-thon, which I'm participating for the first time this year (even though I don't have a booktube account), so I'm super excited, let's see if I post my TBR tomorrow (because I didn't manage to post it last week).

And that's it for Week 4 of Alphabethon, it's almost over now! I'm going to read for booktube-a-thon starting Monday but still, I don't think I'll finish my T book before the end of the month so it's ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...