July 06, 2018

Reading Wrap Up 2018! Books 21-30

Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley - I just freaking love the idea of living and working in a bookstore, that is life goals! Review to come! 3.5 Stars.


Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur - I always wanted to try and see if I like poetry books, I liked and disliked this one, yes, it deals with heavy subjects but at the same time some of the poems I just really disliked, and others that I just really liked, so this one was 3 Stars.


If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo - First book I read about a transgender woman and I can't say I'm disappointed, since the author is also a transgender woman, you can see in the writing that every subject is true and probably more related to a transgender person than those books that are not written by someone who passed through that, I really liked this and a review is to come! 4 Stars.


Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - I had this book since my birthday last year, and this year the movie came out and I had the opportunity of watching it at the cinema with friends but I really wanted to read the book first, so as soon as I finished Erasmus and my plane landed in Portugal I picked it up and read it right away and I loved it, and the movie too! 5 Stars.


Heartstopper: volume 1 by Alice Oseman - I wasn't planning on reading this, didn't even know it existed, but I came across it at Twitter and got really excited, then I found out it would only come out in September, but then... I found out that the author published the chapters online every time she made a new one so I just had to read right away and omg, so glad I did, its such a fluffy and cute graphic novel about an LGBT couple and one of those boys is not  ready to come out yet and I cried of happiness of how much love they have for each other. 5 Stars. (The author posts online)

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank - I always wanted to read this book but at the same time I was scared because I obviously know the ending, but I finally picked it up and do not regret it at all! It's sad, yes, but not as sad as I thought it would be, it's about dealing with life and family during war, while you're hiding because you want to survive and I just thought it was very interesting and couldn't put the book down for a second, I always wanted to know more and more and some parts were intense and others were cute and others were problematic but the entire book is amazing and you really get to know how the war was to the jews at that time, since this is a diary of a Jewish girl that lived through the war and unfortunately died at the end and her dad was the only survivor out of the 8 people living in hiding at that place. Deep. 5 Stars.


Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - I chose to read this for the alphabethon readathon, where you read from A to Z. This one was so cute and fluffy and had true love. I really enjoyed reading this and wanted to know if they would meet at the end, hence the not putting down the book even at 2AM. 4 Stars.


Blankets by Craig Thompson -Continuing the readathon until the end of July, book B. This graphic novel made me have feelings! It was so deep and had such important subjects and I loved it! The illustrations were also really amazing, I'm an art student and seeing graphic novels like this one being black and white and still making me love it so deeply is fantastic, mostly because I don't really like black and white graphic novels, but this one, yes, please! I'm going to write a review, that's for sure. 5 Stars.


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - So magical and amazing and argh, loved the romance, even though it was a little abrupt, but still such a good book. Review to come. 4.5 Stars (Portuguese Cover, I love it)


Anne Frank's Diary: The Graphic Adaptation by Anne Frank, adapted by Ari Folman and illustrated by David Polonsky - I really enjoyed reading this, it was beautifully illustrated and it was faithful to the original diary and that was the most important thing I could think of, I'm happy that I read this. 5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...