July 28, 2018

Alphabethon Summer Round | Week 3


Day 15

I managed to read more of Jonathan Unleashed last night, I'm almost done with this, I'm not enjoying it as much as I wanted to, I'm loving the parts where the dogs show up but I'm despising Jonathan, he makes stupid choices, and I know life is made of stupid choices but if you read this you'll find out. 

Yesterday my brother broke his phone and it doesn't even turn on so today we went to another city in Portugal, called Évora, to see if he could find a new phone, so we all went. I don't know how but I stayed strong and didn't buy any books! Wow! Crazy! And there was this big section of books that I just stayed in admiring and wishing I had a library with that amount of books because in my room I only have one bookshelf and two shelves on the wall. We had lunch there, he couldn't find a phone that was within his budget that also fit the criteria he wanted so that was a fail, we went to other stores before driving back home.

Finally Home! I was feeling lazy so I just watched youtube and listen to music and took a nap, but after that, I finished my J book and started my K book, which is a graphic novel called Kaptara: Volume 1 by Chip Zdarsky.

I didn't like this, I don't know why I keep trying to read Science fiction, I get lost, I don't know if it's because of the genre or not but I got so lost! I was halfway and wishing it would be over soon! But I managed to end but I didn't really enjoy, so after that, I decided to relax my mind and went to eat and watch TV.

Day 16

Forgot to write more yesterday but I started my L book, The inexplicable logic of my life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, in Portuguese, it stars with L. So far I'm enjoying it but I haven't read much yet.

I read a bit this morning but again, me being lazy, I went to watch some TV series and youtube, I'm so productive! I think I'm a bit tired of reading as much as I'm reading every day so instead of 100 pages, I'm going down to 50 pages since I already read a good amount of books this month. 

At around 6PM I went to the gym, I went to Hiit class and Body Balance, Hiit completely murdered me! Halfway through I was already done with it and dead and just wanted to lay down and never get up. But I finished the class, dead but I finished! And then Body balance, which I explain it, I think, in Week 2, it's a combination of yoga, pilates, and tai chi, and today was the strength module, so I was already dead from before and I died a bit more in here.

I got back home, took a shower, ate and collapsed in bed, not reading, being on the pc.

Day 17

My day in the computer finished at the time I said I was in the pc because at around 10PM my brother told me that he had a friend that could fix my computer but I had to give it right that moment, so... I read from 10PM until midnight, took a break, the book broke me, I cried, I was shocked, wow. I went to eat and go back to my normal state, and then I read some more until 2AM, I'm loving this book! LOVING! Finally, a book that puts emotions in my heart, I was missing those. 

My computer supposedly was coming back at 9AM so I woke up, but then my brother told me that a problem had shown so he was back to 0, I fell asleep and woke up at 12AM with a phone call telling me that the computer was ready, for me to get ready to go get it.

So now here I am, writing everything now so I don't forget half, today I hope to read a lot just because I'm loving this, but at the same time I feel like taking a break from reading, but I can't do that because I will get stuck in a reading slump and I don't want that. This afternoon I will have a dentist appointment and then I'll meet some friends at the pool and the gym, so I'm going to read ... NOW! Bye.

I think I read about 30 pages before getting ready to leave the house. I went to the dentist because I'm treating an abscess that was really hurting, this is the third session and hopefully, the next one is the last one. After that I had planned to meet some friends at the pool from the hotel, because we go to that gym we have free pass to that pool which is cool, I'm trying to not end this summer white as a ghost, like usual, I like having some color, but normally that color consists in being red, let's see if this year is different.

At around 7PM I went to the gym with them, got back home, took a shower, ate, and I'm going to rest a bit before reading some more.

Everything hurts! My legs, my arms, I don't know how my abs don't hurt but they don't. A miracle! I participated in the last sprint on twitter, I got there late, it was 1-hour sprint and I realized at the end of it that my reading pace is faster! Wow. I read 55 pages in 60 minutes and last year I would read around 40 pages in 60 minutes, so I'm really happy that I'm quite faster now. I'm enjoying this book so much!!!!! Love it!!!! Can't wait to talk about it with you all.

Day 18

So.. the initial plan for today was going to hydro gymnastic but the weather its weird and it was cold so gave up on that and stayed sleeping. After lunch I decided to read more, I'm really loving this book and I want to know what happens!

I'm currently using this app to know the time I'm spending reading and the pages and all and it's so good, it's called ReadTracker, if you have android then this is a good one, I thought I would try now because I'll be participating in the 24in48 read-a-thon and I don't trust myself in remembering the time I spent reading.

I finished... I cried... Such an emotional book and I really loved it and I missed saying that I have a new favorite, and this got that mark, it's a new favorite of mine, I loved it! I'm going to write a review, I can't wait to talk all about it! I'm still crying.

I want to see if I can read book M and N before Saturday, 21, because I'm going on vacation and I really want to be able to take books that I still have to start instead of taking books that I only have 50 pages of, so I'm starting The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne, if I manage to read 3 hours a day for 3 days maybe I can finish.


I participated in some sprints, I read for 1 hour and read 58 pages, so I'm really glad that I can actually say that I'm a fast reader now. I'm enjoying, at least the main character is changing for her art, I just hope the ending doesn't disappoint me.

Day 19

I got to page 137 last night, I still have the same opinion as the day before... Today I have dentist again, routine stuff because of braces (That I'm glad I don't have anymore), and I have to go to a store return a handbag from my mom because we bought it on Sunday and it already broke, it lasted 3 days! C'mon.

I also started my N book, Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, to see if I take breaks everytime the other is too much, so far it's really fun, I laughed so many times, can't wait to read the rest. 

Trying to read as much as possible for the next two days. So tracking my reading I managed to read for 2h30 today, hoping I'll still read a bit at night, I wanted to get to age 300, but if I get to page 250 I'll be glad, but tomorrow I'll have to step up!

Went to the gym at around 6PM, Sh'bam was fun and Body Balance was painful for my arms but oh well, I had a good time and I needed to relax and enjoy the time with some friends and be out of the house for an hour (or two).

Day 20

I'm becoming really bad at this blogging thing, I've been thinking and I don't have internet at the place I'm going to stay at, I hope I can put week 3 somehow live in the blog on Sunday, 22, but let's see how it goes, today I have to pack everything, write what I need and schedule, read as much as I can and try to finish 2 books.

I started the day by going to the gym, to sh'bam, it was the only way I could wake up early, didn't take a shower because I'm also going in the evening, so I'm going to take of being awake to read before lunchtime. Or eat, sleep, repeat (jk). 

I actually manage to read... nothing! Great... I wrote some blog posts and schedule for them to be up next week while I'm not home. I'm obsessed with this music called "ring ring" by Jax Jones, can't really stop, and also the new Bebe Rexha album, amazing. There's this new kind of mall that opened near my house, and usually, it's a calm road but damn, I hated the movement, I love that I have something closer to be now but I have the movement of the first days.

After lunch I actually read some more, I have about 200 pages left, which translates to 4 hours of reading, according to the app I'm using. I also have to pack the rest for tomorrow, I'll share the books I'm taking with me in a bit, I don't really think I will finish my M book, I have a lot to do, but now I know where we'll stay at so I don't really mind because it's not the 8th floor like last year and I didn't feel like carrying all that, plus bags, plus me (to much work).

Didn't read much today, got really busy.

The books I'm taking are:
   - Nimona by Noelle Stevenson;
   - Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (starts with O in Portuguese);
   - Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry;(Starts with P in Portuguese);
   - A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard;
   - An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (Starts with T in Portuguese).

Day 21 

It's currently 8 AM and I'm finishing getting ready and then I'm off on Holiday. Hopefully, I finish the M book today at the beach or at night before bed. Fingers crossed. This will be up a week late because I don't have internet so ... yeah. Bye.

Day 28 here, I just got back from vacation (you'll read all about it in the next post), I didn't manage to end my M book before leaving, when I arrived there we went out to the beach and I took the book but it was windy so I couldn't read much and the water was freezing.


After dinner, we went shopping! Even though I didn't buy anything that day because I was feeling bloated and didn't want to try clothes I still had a look so I could try on the next day.

As usual, I read before bed! Yey.

Week 4 will be up tomorrow hopefully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...