July 15, 2018

Alphabethon Summer Round | Week 2


Day 8 

Woke up really late, like 1PM, with my parents calling me for lunch.

Today is another one of those hot days where either you have a fan in front of you all day long or you have a pool to relax in. Luckily I have a pool, so after lunch and letting the food digest in my stomach I went out with my book, went for a swim and then I read while trying to tan!

After realizing it was already 8PM, I went to take a shower and my parents told me that they were going to get ice cream, so we all went and my brothers stayed home. When we got home their ice cream was already half melted so freezer time!

Tonight we decided to have a movie night, I don't know the name of the movie but it was a fun and fluffy romance, and hopefully, I get to read tonight before bed.

Day 9 

I finished Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell last night! There's a lot to talk about this book so I'm going to write a review but it was so good! I gave it 4 stars because there were some parts I didn't like but overall it's a cute read but also intense because it deals with family abuse.

The next 3 letters are graphic novels so I'll probably read one, rest a bit, read another, rest a bit and read the 3rd one before starting a new book, hopefully, I'll start it today.

So the first one, letter F, is The Fade Out: Act One by Ed Brubaker




I... Can't... I didn't like this, it was confusing and random and they weren't doing anything about finding out who killed that girl, so no, I can't. The next one I know I'll like because I already read 5 volumes of it, letter G, Giant Days: Volume 6 by John Allison.

Loved! Not as much as the other 5 but still really enjoyable, don't know if I'll give it 4 stars or 4.5 stars.
Next one! It's already late afternoon by the way, and I went outside to get some vitamin D, don't worry, going to book H, How to Talk to Girls at Parties by Neil Gaiman.


It was weird, I went into this graphic novel without knowing much and I got lost, so I went to read the premise at the end and found out it's about aliens, I was so confused and that cleared a lot of questions! I gave it 3 stars because even though I was super confused and had no idea of what the hell was happening it was still interesting, just not enough... Hopefully, I can still start my I book, but I need a break!

Day 10

So I forgot to write yesterday because I started my I book at night, but I started, it's It Only Happens in the Movies by Holly Bourne, it's the first book I read from this author and I have 6 of her books, so I hope I enjoy this so I can be excited to read the others!


Not a lot is going to happen today but basically, I will go enjoy the sun at the pool, get that vitamin D, then I'll go to body balance at the gym, and that's probably it, I will read every chance I get!

Day 11

So yesterday I managed to read quite a lot! I'm almost halfway through the book, it's pretty interesting but sometimes it can also be boring and I just want to put the book down and go on the computer or phone or anything more interesting.

One thing about this book is that it talks a lot about movies, as you can predict by the title, so I decided to watch some of the movies recommended by the author at the end, so I watched Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, and I'm currently going through Before Midnight, they're cute and all but the last one got a bit boring, but still fun to watch.

Off to the gym now! I'm now more than halfway through the book, I still have the same feelings, I kind of despise Audrey now but oh well, hopefully, she gets better by the end.

I also found out that the challenges for the booktube-a-thon came out and even though I'm not a booktuber I will participate and I'm guessing I'm not the only one, so I'm so excited to put my TBR pile together and show you all! 

Day 12

What better way to start the day then to almost falling asleep at the gym? In my defense, I went to do Body Balance and if you don't know it's a mixture of yoga, pilates, and tai chi, and I found it very helpful with enhancing my balance, my coordination, my flexibility and my focus, at the end we have 10 minute relaxation mode, where you lay down or sit with calm music and the instructor says things in a very calm voice, and you relax so much, and it was 10AM, that I almost fell asleep! ups.

I took a shower and got ready because I was going to meet a friend for lunch that I haven't seen in almost 3 years. What better place to reunite friends than eating at McDonald's? At least I already exercised today, my abs hurt too. We remembered old memories, made new memories, it was fun.

When I got home I decided to rest a bit before reading, the weather today is horrible again, I don't get this summer, we usually don't have below the 30ºC temperature in Portugal during summer but I guess this summer got mixed up.

Time to read! Sprints are happening on twitter so it's the perfect time to get some pages down and hopefully finish the book today or tonight before bed.

Day 13

I didn't manage to finish last night but I'm planning on finishing this morning before lunch. I went to the gym first things first, went to Sh'bam, which is a fun dance class with lots of styles and my legs die with these choreographies. I want to take photos for the Erasmus+ book haul that I'm planning on doing because I bought a lot of books while I was away and had to send them to Portugal because it was too much weight to carry on the plane and I didn't want to pay more.

I just had the longest nap of my adulthood (remember that my adulthood started last year), I was so tired I just shut the computer and slept for 3 hours! I was actually planning on going outside, enjoy the sun while reading, and I lost 3 hours sleeping. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I wish I would have gone outside because now its colder and I don't want to go, I just want to be lazy in my bed.

I did take the photos this morning for the haul after the gym, so now I need to edit them and write the post, so it will come soon!

Time to read! I haven't read anything yet today, so I want to finish my I book and start my J book, I did a poll on which J book should I read and only one person voted (I'm so popular) so I guess I'm reading Jonathan Unleashed by Meg Rosoff, I was initially planning on reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brönte but I'm so not in the mood for a classic, one day... one day I'll read it.

Finished It Only Happens in the Movies by Holly Bourne! It was fun, at least I really enjoyed the ending, it kind of saved the story, because even though this book is about stuff that is always happening in the movies that don't happen in real life, I felt like it was still the kind of book that just tells that same story as a bunch of other books, but it was still a good book!

I went to take a shower, yes, I didn't take it as soon as I got home from the gym, too lazy, did a face mask after and started reading Jonathan Unleashed by Meg Rosoff, I had 20 min while the mask was in my face, I already think the main character is weird and I don't know if that's gonna change... let's hope so. 

Day 14

Next weekend is the 24in48 readathon and I never participated so I wanted to see if I can this time, but the thing is... I'm going on holiday that Saturday for a week and I don't think I will read for 24 hours during those 48 hours, but I'm going to try my best and hopefully get more reading done than I ever did in my entire life! Or at least get lots of pages down for the alphabethon.

I also thought about what books I would take on vacation and it was never an easier task than now because I literally just have to see what the next letters are, so I'll grab the books and take it when the time comes. I also have some E-books that are on my computer and I'm not taking the pc so I guess I will have to send to my phone.

Today I was supposed to go to the pool with some friends, one of them was trying to set me up with a guy, so I guess she'll have to try that another day because the weather sucks, it's cold and windy and just not good for swimming, so we had to postpone the hole pool day, maybe in August the weather will stabilize, please... 

So since I didn't go out at all I decided I'm going to try and read the most I can today so I can get some books down before next week, I'm reading my J book and I read about 38 pages last night, it has 288 so I want to at least read half of the book (or total if I'm super bored today and I'm enjoying the book).

Ok, change of plans, I went to the pool with a friend, after all, it was fun, I hadn't seen her in a month and we had a lot to catch up. I basically didn't read at all that afternoon so I'm hopeful that I can read at night!



And that's it for week 2 of Alphabethon, it's actually passing by really fast and I don't want summer to end, mostly because I'm still looking for a job and no one hires me and in 2 months I go back to school last year of university! 

Are you participating in this read-a-thon? How many books have you read so far? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...