August 04, 2018

Alphabethon Summer Round | Week 5


Day 29

So I started my R book yesterday and so far it's good, the main character, Bruno, even though he's 9 years old, he manages to piss me off by how spoiled he is, like he wants to go back to his old house because it was really big, he had his 3 friends and he had a big house (yes, I repeated because he basically only talks of how small this one is even though it's still bigger than mine). 


So today I also managed to read almost nothing, and booktube-a-thon starts tomorrow so I really need to finish this one, hopefully, I will finish before bed.

So today I needed to get gasoline in my car, tomorrow the prices go up and I can't afford that so yeah, that is one of the things I need to do today. Another thing is to take photos for the blog, write my week 4 of Alphabethon and finish writing my TBR for booktube-a-thon (which is almost completed) and schedule them to go up.

I'm starting to get sick, which is not good in the summer-time because it means I will die of sickness and hotness in my room, I want to see if I get better tomorrow so I can go out with some friends.

At the end of the day, I actually managed to do everything I wanted and I'm currently halfway through the book so I want to see if I can read the rest tonight or finish it by tomorrow morning so I can start my John Green book.

Day 30

So far so good, I woke up at lunchtime, yes, I was that tired, I ate and because I'm feeling constipated... IN SUMMER... I went back to bed with my sidekick, the fan.

I finished reading my R book last night, it wasn't what I was expecting, I saw the movie when I was younger and I always remembered it a bit more emotional at the end but the book apparently is not that emotional, in fact, if you don't know what is happening and if you don't know the story of WWII then you would be lost (and this book is in the reading plan for the 5th grade, aka, 10 years old students).

After that I started my S book, the first volume of the graphic novel named Saga by Brian K. Vaughan, I finished about 1 hour later, it was good, some parts I didn't like as much but still really good and the illustrations are amazing.


And finally, after a long wait, I can start my T book that also is my first read for Booktube-a-thon! So the book starts with T in Portuguese, it's called O Teorema Katherine by John Green (An Abundance of Katherines) and I hope I'll like this since I really love Jonh Green's books so... let's go!

Day 31

So today I'm going to try and finish my T book so I can end Alphabethon with finished books.


I decided to wake up super early (10AM for me it early), to try and already be awake for when the package of a book I ordered arrived. Turns out it had already arrived and I didn't hear the ring bell (thanks mom for being awake). It's such a pretty cover!!!!!!! Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia is even more pretty in real life and I can't wait to start reading it!


Since the book had already arrived I decided to go read the John Green's book while eating breakfast and turns out Penguin Publishing was hosting sprints in booktube-a-thon so I decided to join in the mini-challenges and it was so fun!

Later I took some photos, I decided to start a booktube account! Which I'm so excited about, tomorrow I'll create it and post the first bookstagram!

Before bed, I read and read and read and participated in sprints and... I MANAGED TO FINISH MY T BOOK!! So I completed 20 books this month, which is amazing and I'm so impressed with myself! This last book was enjoyable but not my favorite since the main character was mostly annoying and whiny and I disliked him, but the story itself was interesting, I liked the other characters, but it wasn't my favorite John Green book.

And that is it for this read-a-thon! I had tons of fun, I read so much more than I thought I was capable, and now I'll be participating in Booktube-a-thon! I won't write a booktube-a-thon post but I'll write the wrap-up!

Thank you for tagging along with me through this read-a-thon, I hope you enjoyed it and I'll be writing my Wrap-up and hopefully, it goes up tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...