August 25, 2018

Books I DNFed #1

So I recently read a post about books that should've DNFed and I remembered I DNFed a lot of books, and I thought maybe you would enjoy reading something like that, maybe not, but I want to get this out of me because a lot of these are people's favorites and I just couldn't get it done. So here's the first post about books I DNFed and there's more to come.

Remember: these are just my opinion, I'm not saying the books suck, they just aren't for me, if you enjoyed any of these books then that's your opinion, don't judge me, please.



5 books I DNFed and why:

The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff - I know that this is a book that a lot of people loved and has a really interesting history and it's based on a real story but I just couldn't make myself finish it, it had so much detail and description and I just thought it was boring, I wanted to know more about the story itself, not the surroundings, so I'm sorry but this wasn't for me. I also saw the movie and unfortunately, I thought it was boring too, sorry.


Sovereign by April Daniels - I read the first book, Dreadnought, and that one I made myself finish it, I struggled, so I have no idea what went on my mind to make me start the second one, I must've been crazy, I'm not a dan of superheroes books but I wanted to give it a try, and it had a transgender superhero so I thought it was cool, but I couldn't bear to finish.

Middlemarch by George Eliot - This is one that I fully regret starting and really trying to read, it's an 800 page classic and I made myself a promise to read at least one classic every year, and this year I decided to try this one, it started boring and I thought, maybe it'll be better, but page 50, nothing, page 100, nothing, page 150, nothing, I give up, I gave up, it was just nothing all the way, and I went to read reviews and there was actually one person with the same thoughts as me but he finished the book, just to prove that nothing happens. I borrowed this one from the library so after trying for 15 days to get through 150 pages I gave it back.

Under the Dome: Book 1 by Stephen King - Another one like The Danish Girl, a lot of description, but this time, also a lot of characters without any presentation, so I got lost and confused and lost again until around page 100 where I usually find myself but no, still lost.


Bared to you by Sylvia Day - So this one I bought when I was in a Fifty Shades of Grey mood because I actually enjoyed Fifty Shades, I even re-read the book, so I thought maybe this one would be cool too but boy I was wrong. I didn't connect at all with the characters and I didn't care for the plot at all, so this one was a no from me. (Even though a lot of people just loved this).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...