August 22, 2018

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell | Review

Title: Carry On

Author: Rainbow Rowell

Release Date: October 6th, 2015

My Rating: 4.5
 Stars


Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

This could be a 5-star rating if the beginning hadn't felt so slow paced and the romance did not pass from "I hate you and I wanna kill you" to "I love you, be my boyfriend". It was just so fast! (but the romance after was cute so its fine).

This is honestly such an enjoyable read, one moment your laughing and the next something is happening and you're serious and keep flipping pages because you want to know what happens and suddenly you realize it's 3 AM and you have to wake up at 8 AM the next day.


This takes on the subject about the "chosen one that comes and saves the day" but she ended it in such a fantastic way that I was so not expecting, and I was trying to predict everything, but that? never came to my mind.


I loved the characters, they're real, they're flawed. Simon, Baz, Penelope, Agatha, I fricking loved them! they had amazing friendships and I really loved the romance (even though it was fast like I said), it tore my heart in pieces by how cute it was and perfect and argh.

I don't really like magic related books, a lot of people said this one is like Harry Potter fanfiction with LGBT representation, some didn't think that, I can't say, haven't read Harry Potter (don't kill me), but I really loved how the magic system and vampires and all those creatures featured in this novel, I thought it was brilliant.


I loved this and I think you'll love it soooo, I think you should honestly read it if you're thinking about it!!



The cover featured in this post is the Portuguese version, the one I have because I fricking love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...