August 06, 2018

No Disclaimers | Book Tag

1). Which trope (or tropes) in books, annoy you the most?

The best friend's to relationship trope, can they just stay friends? At least most books are like that when in real life it's most likely for you to stay in the friend zone (oh hey, I've been there).
I hate the dead parents one, like, can they just be alive and well? Do they have to be dead, or have a traumatizing death at the beginning, or be alive but are alcoholic or drug addicts and don't care about their kids? C'mon.
2). Which writer or writers do you feel are overrated/overhyped?

I head a lot about how people loved Girl Online when it came out, I don't know if it's considered overrated with 3.75 ratings on Goodreads but I'll consider it. I love Zoe as a YouTuber, I watch her vlogs and I love them. But that book was just bad, it has all the cliches I hate, it was put as a Young-Adult book but honestly, I felt like it was for early-teens because it has all the stupid decisions a teen would do.
3). What are your least favorite books you've read since you started blogging?


Going on my GoodReads lists:
- The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff (DNF'd)
- The End of The F*cking World by Charles Forman
- Dreadnought by April Daniels
- Everyone We've Been by Sarah Everett
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland
4). A terrible ending, that ruined an otherwise quality book?

Allegiant, like... Did you have to?
5). Which Fictional Character(s) do you wish were not killed off?

************ highlight for spoilers! ************

In the Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Augustus. I cried. A lot.
In Looking for Alaska by John Green: The could have told me before I read it that it would be intense, did they really have to kill Alaska?!?!
In Allegiant by Veronica Roth: Seriously? 3 books for this? I died, yes, that's it, me. Oh and also Tris. Did they really have to?
6). What are some of your bookish pet peeves?

Insta-love. Can they just get to know each other first instead of an "I bumped into him, said sorry a million times and then realized how blue his eyes were and I imagine getting married to those blue eyes and have blue-eyed children"... C'MON.
7). What are some books you feel should have more recognition?








8). What are your thoughts on censorship, and banning books?

Ridiculous. If they were written AND published then why banned? Let us read!



I wasn't tagged by anyone, I saw it and thought it was super interesting and decided to do it. So I Tag EVERYONE who wants to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...