August 27, 2018

Book Adaptation Tag | Book Tag

1. What is the last book adaptation movie you saw?

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and it was perfect!! I still need to read the rest of the trilogy.
2. What book movie are you most excited about?

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - I read this last week and I'm so excited for the movie this October!
3. Which upcoming book movie will you definitely NOT see?

I don't know... some horror movie that came out of a Stephen King book...
4. Which book movie would you NEVER watch again?

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - Not that I hated the movie, don't get me wrong, but I hated how they traded the peculiarities of the main character and kind of combined 3 books in one movie, for me it lost the idea of "drama". I much rather prefer reading the series all over again instead of watching.
5. Is there a movie you saw that made you want to read the book, if you hadn’t yet?

Lot's of them, but one that I already watched the movie 3 times and heard that the book is different in some aspects is Nerve by Jeanne Ryan.
6. Conversely, is there a movie that made you never want to read the book?

I heard Austenland is also a book but I don't think I'll read it, loved the movie though! And Also Midnight Sun, I liked the movie but I don't think I'll ever pick up the book.
7. Name an adaptation that has almost nothing to do with the book it’s supposedly based on.

I want to say Miss Peregrine again just because of the problems that I mentioned above, about the characters peculiarities that were traded and the three books in one movie.
8. Have you ever left the theater during a movie adaptation because it was so bad?

No, if I paid to be there I will stay even if I have to take my eyes out (jk).
9. Do you prefer to watch the movie first or read the book first?

Book first always (unless I'm not interested in the book), take the example of To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, I didn't even have the book but one week before the release I found the book 50% off (I was still going to buy full price but hey, bonus) and read right away so I could watch the movie the day it came out!
10. How do you feel about movie adaptations that age characters up? (ex. characters that are in middle school, but in the movies, they’re all 18)

I don't mind if they look like that age, but there are some that it's just ridiculous and shouldn't be doing that part.
11. Do you get angry when the actors don’t look like you thought the characters looked?

No, it's how life works, I still imagine my characters when I read instead of the book unless they're supposed to be blonde in the book and they turn out brunette in the movie, C'mon!
12. Is there a movie you liked better than its book?

It's not a movie, it's a series, but Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, I didn't like the book, it felt rushed!
13. Name a book that you would love to see as a movie.
Both by Rainbow Rowell: Fangirl and Carry On - I would so love to see this!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...