August 10, 2018

Reading Wrap Up 2018! Books 41-50


Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella - I really loved this, I flew through it, read it in 4 hours, it was such a fast read. The only problem is that we never get to know what happened before and what made her have such bad depression and social anxiety and changing schools but the rest was fantastic! Review to come. 4.5 Stars.



Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - Didn't really like it, I felt like it was about suicide but I guess kids read this and don't think that so at least that! 3 Stars.


A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard - I really enjoyed this, it was the first time I read about selective mutism and deafness and I'm quite happy with it, it really shows the struggles that they feel and that one page about the anxiety thoughts she has was spot on and perfect. Review to come. 4.5 Stars.


The Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne - Nope. I felt like the kid was too spoiled, like, he was living in a house with 5 levels and changed to one with JUST 3! c'mon dude, and I liked that the ending was like "If you know the story about the war you know what happens" but just like Little prince this is a book that we read in 5th grade (at least I did) and I didn't know what happened during that time... 2.5 Stars.


Saga Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan - Loved! Not for kids! But really fun and enjoyable and I can't wait to pick up the second one. 4 Stars.


An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - The first John Green book that I wasn't really a fan of, I felt like the main character was too whiny and was always talking about his ex-girlfriends, all called Katherine, I mean, it's fine that you're sad, but talking only about that and even creating a theorem involving that? no. I liked the other characters but this one just felt off. Review to come. 3 Stars.


The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur - I much rather preferred this one over Milk and Honey, I just enjoyed these poems more than the others and I marked the ones that I really loved and there are more than the previous one. 4 Stars.


The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace - Since I'm in the mood to read poetry I decided to give this one a shoot, I heard great things about it but unfortunately in wasn't for me, I hated it, It didn't feel like poetry. 2 Stars.


The Witch Doesn't Burn In This One by Amanda Lovelace - After the first one I didn't really think I would read the second one but I thought maybe it would be live Rupi Kaur and I would love the second more than the first. Nope. Still not poetry to my eyes. 2 Stars.


Spinning by Tillie Walden - I've been meaning to read this graphic novel for a while but never got the chance to do it. It wasn't my favorite graphic novel but it was still enjoyable, I liked the overall of it, the giving up, the things that can happen during, what your thoughts are. 3 Stars.

2 comments:

  1. So many good books!! I really want to read Finding Audrey since Zoella mentioned it, I hope to get to it one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good and really fast to read, I read it last month and I loved it.

      Delete

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...