August 03, 2018

Reading Wrap Up 2018! Books 31-40

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - Seems like I'm in a Rainbow Rowell mood, I've had her books since Christmas 2016 so I really need to read them asap before I get more and more new books on my shelves. But about the book: Loved it, had some parts that I dislike, like the ending, but overall it was a fun read. Review to come! 4 Stars.



The Fade Out: Act One by Ed Brubaker - It has an interesting plot but the art and how it's written wasn't for me, I felt bored while reading this, I just wanted to find out who killed the girl but they're not even trying, so I'm sorry but not my taste. 2 Stars.

Giant Days: Volume 6 by John Allison - I read the previous volumes and loved it so I was really excited to get to this one, I didn't love it as much as the others but it was still a fun read. 4 Stars.

How to Talk to Girls at Parties by Neil Gaiman - It was interesting, I thought it was just about a guy that didn't know how to talk to girls but apparently it was much more than that, for what I think I read they weren't even from this planet, I got lost, but it was still interesting and loved the illustrations. 4 Stars. 

It Only Happens in the Movies by Holly Bourne - I had some mixed feelings on this one, mostly because it talks about how all romance movies were all the same while being a book just like most books... I know it's hard to write something different from what already exists but at least it could be a bit different in some parts. It was still fun to read, some boring parts but overall enjoyable. Review to come. 3.5 Stars.



Jonathan Unleashed by Meg Rosoff - The main character was the most annoying character that I've read this year. He was marrying someone while thinking of having a family with not just one, but two other women, and most of the time I felt like he was forgetting he was engaged. Even the hole how they got engaged was stupid. I didn't like this. I wrote a review, I'm mad with this book. At least the parts where the dogs show up are good and I really liked those. 2 Stars.


Kaptara: Volume 1 by Chip Zdarsky - This is another one of those that I would much rather never having read it, I wanted to finish it and be done with it so badly, I just didn't like it... 1 Star.

The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz - SO GOOD! OHMYGOD! I cried several times, it's so emotional and it got me EVERY TIME! This is a new favorite of mine, can't wait to share with you my thoughts, so good. love love love! 5 STARS.



The Manifesto On How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne - I enjoyed this a lot. It wasn't really what I was expecting but it was still good, the main character basically changed for her art, but she changes so much that I wasn't enjoying the decisions she was making but oh well. Review to come. 3 Stars.



Nimona by Noelle Stevenson - I loved it! It was well developed, it was funny, it had action. So good! I was scared of not liking this because it was a quite expensive graphic novel but I'm glad I did and I will re-read one day because it was that good. 4.5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...