August 12, 2018

BookTube-A-Thon 2018 | Wrap up

So Booktube-a-thon ended last week, it was the first time ever that I participated, all those other years I just watched, even though I don't have a booktube account I still wanted to participate and see if I can do all challenges, I didn't... So yeah, but I still read 6 books and had a little reading slump in between so I'm still happy with the results. 


So I started by reading An Abundance of Katherines, I liked it, wasn't my favorite John Green but it was still enjoyable, this crossed out 3 challenges: Coin flip first read, green on the cover and a book with a beautiful spine! 


Next, I went on a bit of a reading slump (for around 3 days) and I decided to pick a book just to not get that into the slump, who knows how long it would have lasted. So I picked next an e.book of The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace, it's a poetry collection book and to be honest I disliked it so much, it didn't feel like poetry to me... This completed the "read a book with a hat" challenge. Still, I decided to pick the second one because I also had it and I wasn't going to waste, so I picked up next The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One, it was better than the first one but I still didn't like it that much.


The next day I picked up The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur, I liked the first one of hers but I liked this one better, I felt like it had more connection to some problems and they were better represented if you know what I mean? So I enjoyed this one a lot more than any book that I've read in this read-a-thon, fun. And since I'm on a roll when it comes to poetry I also decided to pick up Bitter Sweet Love by   


I don't have a photo of the last book I read, which was a graphic novel, because a friend let me borrow, it was Spinning by Tillie Walden, it was fun, I liked seeing how ballerinas deal with pressure since young and what some of them decide to do when they get old enough to continue or not, so it was an interesting read and I liked it.

Did you participate in this read-a-thon? Comment down below the links so I can stalk you a bit on that. 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...