August 08, 2018

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo | Review


Title: If I Was Your Girl

Author: Meredith Russo

Release Date: May 3rd2016

My Rating: 4
 Stars


Format: Physical Book (Paperback)

This is one of few stories that can balance cute and sweet stuff with an intense subject and not make me want to put the book down for a second, because normally when intense stuff happens and authors try cute and sweet after I just want to scream. One moment I was smiling, the other I was heartbroken, so many emotions!

This is the first book I read with a trans main character and I loved it! You get flashbacks from Amanda before she was Amanda so you get to know more about her and her transition to female, and those throwbacks are shown at the right time, no hurries. It shows from the moment she knew she was a girl and didn't identify with being a boy, to a suicide attempt, to transitioning to what she really is, and it's such a powerful story, also written by a trans author, and everyone should read.

Still I think the book was fast paced and we could know even more about Amanda's past and the "OMG WHAT!" reaction I had at one point could've been even better if that part was longer, I just felt like it ended so quickly that I hadn't had time to finish having my reaction on it.

But anyway, I still think it was a fantastic novel and I recommend to all, especially if you want to learn a bit more about transsexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...