August 18, 2018

Erasmus+ Book Haul | 2018

So I went to study Erasmus+ in Latvia and being the Bookworm that I am I couldn't help but buy books, I just didn't realize I had bought so many until I had to pack them to come back home, so I had to send a package home separately because the bag was overweight.

Looking now at my shelves I thought I could do a book haul, I bought 10 books while I was abroad, I arrived in mid June, I stayed for 4 and a half months, if you want I can write about my Erasmus experience, I've been thinking about it and how I would write it.


So without any further ado let's get into the haul
These are not going to be in the order of when I bought them because I mostly don't remember (even though I wrote down in my notebook that somehow I can't find), they're going to be alphabetically by the author because that's how I have them on my shelves.

Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley

 As soon as I saw this book I instantly picked it up, I heard good things about this and I thought the premise was great so I was so excited to read. I already read this, it was the last book I read while in Latvia and what better place to read than at the beach? I also picked up some shells and put in this little mug that had a candle inside before, that says Latvija, and it's super cute. As the book goes, it was a cute contemporary and really fluffy and I enjoyed it a lot. (Review).


The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr

I wasn't sure if I should buy this or not because I heard a lot of mixed feelings about it but decided to take it to see if it was really that bad, some people say that they prefer this one over the Flora Banks one, others are the opposite, I didn't read the other book by this author but I already read this one and I didn't quite like it, I felt like the main character was a little brat that can't accept the fact that she doesn't control everything, and she was just annoying, and I was expecting a better ending... (Review).


...And a Happy New Year? by Holly Bourne

So I received the Spinsters club trilogy last Christmas, I haven't read it yet but I saw this and decided to take it right away, I will now read the spinster club trilogy and this one in order and I'm super excited!


The Manifesto On How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne

This was the second Holly Bourne book I've bought and it's probably the coolest book I own just because of the red side of pages, I don't own another book that has the pages painted on the side and it just looks so cool. This is one of the books that I admit I bought just because of that but at the same time, I heard great things about this author, even though I haven't read much of her.


It Only Happens in Movies by Holly Bourne

I wasn't really excited to buy this one so a friend got it as my early birthday gift, so thank you even though she doesn't know what's my blog website so she probably won't read this. I read this one and I got to say that I was expecting more, I just felt like the main character was super confused about what she wanted in life and was always saying that every romance movie is the same, but this book is basically every book. I still enjoyed it but I was expecting way more from this. At least the ending wasn't disappointing.


If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

Since I saw this on Zoella's book club a few years ago I wanted to read it, but at the same time I always had other books that I wanted more than this one, so when I found it and it was the only that caught my eye I decided this would be the time to take it! I read it on the plane ride back to Portugal and I gotta say that I really enjoyed this, it wasn't my favorite read but it was still great, I certainly had some happy moments and sad moments and I thought the ending was quite abrupt, but like I said, I liked it. (Review).


The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan

So I saw this and thought the cover was beautiful, I read the premise and thought it sounded cool, and it was cheap so I bought it, but let me tell you, I didn0t like this at all. It felt slow paced, a lot of characters that I didn0t get to know, and just boring... I don't know but this was the opposite of what I was expecting. (Review)

A Midsummer's Night Dream by Shakespeare

Last year I decided to read at least one classic a year, and since I never read a poetry classic I decided that Shakespeare must be a good one, but I wasn't really a fan, maybe because it's not my main language, but I just didn't understand what was happening...


Four Great Tragedies by Shakespeare (includes: Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth)

This was bought the same time as the one before, I'm still going to read it, just didn't have a chance yet, and it's 4 poems in one so I don't know when I'll get to it. Hopefully, Hamlet doesn't let me down, It's mostly what you hear about when people say Shakespear (and Romeo and Juliet).


My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella

Since this came out in English I've been waiting patiently for it to be translated to Portuguese, but I don't think that will be soon so when I found this in Riga I instantly picked it up, not caring about any other and stuck to it, I haven't read it yet but I'm really excited, I loved her other novel Finding Audrey.

2 comments:

  1. So many amazing books! I'm in grade 10 but heard good things about erasmus and I'm thinking of maybe participating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really an amazing opportunity, I think you should go for it! :)

      Delete

Eliza and Her Monsters by francesca Zappia | Review

Title:  Eliza and her Monsters Author:  Francesca Zappia Release Date:   May 30th, 2017 My Rating:  4.5   Star s Format:  Physic...